1. Vehicle maximum height from the ground – 13ft, maximum width – 8ft. No more than 7.5 tones.
2. It is the responsibility of all owners of participating motor vehicles to notify their insurers with their intended use and ensure that all vehicles are street legal.
3. Vehicle entrants and their group are required to provide their own liability insurances in respect of any injury arising or damaged caused to third parties, person or property in relation to the event. Vehicles that cause damage to pavements, roads, buildings etc. will be charged for the cost of repair either directly or through their insurance. This may not cover participants so please check with your own insurers or obtain a waiver–a copy of this must be attached to the entry form.
4. Floats are requested not to carry people on the back to or from the venue unless in the carnival procession (with appropriate insurance)
5. Each vehicle entry must provide two Walking Marshals alongside the front wheels at all times, wearing Hi-Viz Safety wear.
6. A separate entry form must be used for each entry if entering more than one float
7. Fire extinguishers must be carried on all vehicles.
8. First Aid Boxes must be carried on all vehicles.
9. Balloons are NOT permitted at Eastbourne Carnival. This is because they cause significant harm to Marine life.
10. Under 16’s must be accompanied by a guardian.
10. No parking at Assembly Area unless otherwise previously agreed.
11. All participants to respect the property of local residents and businesses.
12. All monies collected are for Eastbourne Carnival only and are to be handed in at the Collection Point (TBC) No private collections allowed. The money raised will be shared with qualifying charities / non profits on a 50% basis to be divided up across qualifying entrants.
13. The throwing of any articles or squirting of liquids from floats or by pedestrians is banned.
14.The Eastbourne Carnival Committee reserves the right to refuse any entry.
For more information, please see our FAQ Page or contact us with specific queries.MORE INFORMATION